Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 17: Another Shopping Spree

This post represents DAY 17 of the day-by-day documentary of the gardening adventures of a newly-wed first-time gardening couple. They are not only first-time bucket gardeners but first-time any kind of gardeners. The details of their successes and failures will be communicated here so you can follow along with your garden - if you wish. To see links to each of the "days" click here.

Day 17: Another Shopping Spree

After work today I made a quick trip to the local nursery for the last primaries for the garden. Armenian cucumbers, yellow zucchini, crenshaw melon, and watermelon transplants. Cost $4.

I took care of these plants and got them ready for planting on Day 20 the same way I took care of the first transplants purchase on Day 3.

Except that one of them died... My crenshaw melon... I think a snail got it. It was probably the wife of the husband I accidentally stepped on last weekend... I didn't mean to step on your husband and I would have much rather not lived throught the horrible crunch - really - did you have to eat my crenshaw melon - rude. 

No comments: