Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 16: Hello Secondaries

This post represents DAY 16 of the day-by-day documentary of the gardening adventures of a newly-wed first-time gardening couple. They are not only first-time bucket gardeners but first-time any kind of gardeners. The details of their successes and failures will be communicated here so you can follow along with your garden - if you wish. To see links to each of the "days" click here.

Day 16: Hello Secondaries

Look at her - isn't she cute!!! Can't wait to eat her...

Yum!

Still haven't seen any traces of lots of the secondaries - but I've seen a few and I know the others are down there somewhere... Just got to give them a little time. Beans and peas are growing strong! I'm going to wait a few days to spray the new growth with nutrient - you are supposed to spray seedlings once they have developed their first true leaves. I'll be watching for the "first true leaves" and they're going to get some serious nutrient spray then.

1 comment:

siMonaLisa said...

Hi guys! Thanks so much for all your information. I was on PPG and read about Ted Hallett's wonderful garden system. I had a hard time understanding everything that I was reading on his website, so THANK YOU for clarifying! I will be ordering mine soon, so I too would love more information to be sent to my email. Would love a garden update too. ;-)